Tuesday, April 19, 2011

A Visit to INA Super Market


Raja Sharma Rymbai, at INA supermarket


It was a spontaneous suggestion by Raja Sharma Rymbai, my boss at the multimedia department of the Hindustan Times to  make a story on the progress of Noida City in the past 36 years. The city was established on 17th April 1976 by Sanjay Gandhi as a major hub of National Capital Region, Delhi.
The cab and the camera kit were ready and started off at 4.30 PM. On the way it was a surprise visit to Intelligence Network Agency (INA) super market. at Aurobindo Marg, I N A Colony, New Delhi, 
 The scene, the buzz of activities, the variety of kitchen and household goods on display were something out of ordinary! I had never seen anything like that before.
It is an inter-continental market where anything and everything for the household purpose is available. It is a place frequented by any who is who in Delhi!I could spot some Africans, Europeans, Chinese and of course ever bargaining my own class- the Indians!
On display were groceries, toilet articles, vegetables, fruits, fish from the rivers and seas, chicken, pork, mutton... everything! I felt I had entered into a world of Harry Potter,  a fantastic but very real world!

No comments:

Post a Comment